Abilitas Hospitality shall use its best efforts to protect Personal Information relevant to any customer and other related parties, and, in order to fully comply with the Personal Information Protection Law (2003, Law No.57) (the “PIP Law”) and other related regulations, shall exert its efforts to implement each of the following:
1. Our Use of Your Personal Information
Abilitas Hospitality may use your Personal Information and Retained Personal Data to serve the following purposes;
- Provide booking and/or other related services for accommodation, banquet or restaurant;
- Protect safety of the customers;
- Provide accommodation booking services at our booking centre;
- Provide services to the membership systems;
- Introduce, provide and/or manage services, goods, events and/or campaigns of hotels and/or ryokans, vendors and business partners;
- Conduct marketing researches on hotels’ and/or ryokans’ services and goods;
- Develop and/or modify hotels’ and/or ryokans’ goods and services;
- Provide other services related to (1)-(7) above;
- Provide hotels’ and/or ryokans’ services and goods; and
- Respond to inquiries or requests.
2. Joint Use of Your Personal Data Within Abilitas Hospitality Group
In order to provide efficient and reliable services, and to improve product and service options available to you, Abilitas Hospitality may use your Personal Data (name, address, phone number, mail address or other contact detail, age, occupation and position etc.) with other group entities. Please find other group hotels and ryokans, and related companies that may use Personal Data jointly at the linked pages. Abilitas Hospitality shall be responsible for administration of Personal Data jointly used.
3. Ensuring Security and Accuracy of Personal Data
In order to implement organizational, physical, and technical security measures and ensure security and accuracy of Personal Data, Abilitas Hospitality shall implement the following measures.
- As organizational security measure, Abilitas Hospitality shall clarify the role and responsibility with respect to information management, and establish rules relating to security management and conduct audit.
- As personal security measure, Abilitas Hospitality shall supervise employees.
- As physical security measure, Abilitas Hospitality shall take action to prevent theft and loss.
- As technical security measure, Abilitas Hospitality shall establish principles for use of the system and shall administer accuracy and security.
4. Internal Control System
Abilitas Hospitality shall exert efforts with respect to employee education concerning Personal Information protection, clarify employee responsibility regarding handling of Personal Information and strengthen our security management system so that Abilitas Hospitality may appropriately conduct our duties relating to Personal Information as a Personal Information handling entity.
5. Management of Vendors
If Abilitas Hospitality delegates the handling of Personal Data, Abilitas Hospitality shall select the vendor based on our selection criteria and Abilitas Hospitality shall fully supervise the vendor so that personal data security management measures are secured by the vendor level also.
6. Disclosure of Retained Personal Data
- Request Regarding Disclosure of Retained Personal Data
- If Abilitas Hospitality receives a request from the individual concerned for disclosure of Retained Personal Data, upon confirmation of the identity of the individual concerned, Abilitas Hospitality shall disclose the data in writing; provided, however, where disclosure is not possible Abilitas Hospitality shall inform the individual of the non-disclosure. Upon the disclosure, Abilitas Hospitality may request the payment of JPY 1,000 and actual cost of mailing.
- Request Regarding Correction, Addition, Suspension of Use, Deletion, Suspension of Provision to Third Parties
- If Abilitas Hospitality receives a request from the individual concerned as to correction, addition, suspension of use, deletion, suspension of provision to third parties, upon confirmation of the identity of the individual concerned, Abilitas Hospitality shall process such request; provided, however, Abilitas Hospitality may not be able to respond to such request and if so Abilitas Hospitality shall inform the individual of the non-disclosure.
- Method of Request with Respect to Retained Personal Data
- With respect to request pursuant to (1) and (2) above, please set out your name and address in the e-mail to us together with a description of your request. An agent or legal representative (parent or guardian) may make the request on behalf of the individual. In such case, please inform the name and address of the agent and the relationship with the individual concerned in writing. When Abilitas Hospitality sends the application form to the individual concerned or his/her agent, Abilitas Hospitality shall explain the required documents (documents for identification etc. and, if agent by proxy, the form of the proxy prescribed by us and if legal representative document certifying that the person is a legal representative) and other details for applications. Where an application is made by an agent, the reply will be sent to the individual concerned in writing.
7. Point of Contact for Complaints, etc.
In addition to requests under 7 above, Abilitas Hospitality receives complaints regarding handling of Personal Information by us at the following point of contact.
8. Implementation of Compliance Program
Abilitas Hospitality shall establish a compliance program to achieve protection of Personal Information and the appropriate management thereof and shall, through thorough education, training and supervision, achieve through understanding and compliance by our employees. Abilitas Hospitality shall respond to changes in social environment and amendment of law and shall periodically implement revisions to the program.